If you are looking for a fun summer camp near the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, then look no further than Camp Pillsbury. This Minnesota summer camp is located in the picturesque town of Owatonna and is less than an hour south of the Twin Cities. Campers get to enjoy the picturesque natural beauty of the Minnesota countryside but are close enough to enjoy Camp Pillsbury Adventure Days into the cities to enjoy some of the sites of the largest metropolitan area in Minnesota.
Campers Can Enjoy Local Activities and Camp Pillsbury Adventure Days
With parental approval, campers can enjoy regular offsite activities during the weekends. One weekend day in the middle of each two-week session is a designated Camp Pillsbury Adventure day where campers can enjoy different planned offsite activities. Camp Pillsbury Adventure days are often planned trips into the Twin Cities metropolitan. Campers who are enrolled for the following session or who will be on campus through Saturday and Sunday at the end of every session can, with parent approval, participate in the many local activities. Some of the Adventures and local trips our campers have enjoyed in the past are:
- Mall of America Campers can enjoy the thrills of this seven-acre indoor amusement park located in the center of the Mall of America as well as chaperoned shopping time.
- Minnesota Aquarium Campers can experience the SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium which is home to thousands of aquatic creatures.
- Tour of the Minnesota State University This is a great trip for any campers considering attending MSU.
- Minnesota Twins Baseball Games Campers can watch a home game of the Minnesota Twins playing in the Central Division of the Major League Baseball’s American League.
- Valleyfair Amusement Park Campers can enjoy this 125 acre park which boasts 75 rides including 8 roller coasters and Soak City Water Park.
- Owatonna Crazy Day Festival Campers get to perform on their own stage, march in a parade, and enjoy the activities including a sidewalk sale, BBQ, Classic Car Show, Festival of the Arts, a street dance, and much more!
- Mississippi River Boat Cruise Campers can enjoy the view while having lunch on the boat.
- River Springs Water Park Campers can stay cool while experiencing a tube slide, body slide, lazy river, activity pool, zero depth entry pool, climbing wall, lily pad walk and sand volleyball.
- Steele County Fair A true American experience with many attractions, food, livestock, vendors, and rides for campers to enjoy with their unlimited arm bands. Campers also perform daily during the fair on their own stage.
The Benefits of Summer Camp near the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis
Whether you live in the Twin Cities metropolitan area or live in another area of the country there are many benefits to Camp Pillsbury being so close to St. Paul and Minneapolis. There is so much to see and do in the Twin Cities and Camp Pillsbury is happy to share those activities with its campers.
Camp Pillsbury has Awesome Programs on Site Too
We have a many great summer camp programs available for kids to choose from to insure that every camper is having a great time every day. Below is a list of some of the great summer camp programs and activities offered at Camp Pillsbury:
|Fine Arts & Crafts:||Photography||Role Playing Games:|
|Candle Making||Videography||Live Action Role Playing|
|Ceramics||Web Design||Magic Cards|
|Duct Tape Art||Game Design||D & D|
|Fashion Design||Graphic Design||Sports:|
|Model Making||Riding Lessons||Archery|
|Painting and Drawing||(English, Western, Dressage)||Baseball/Softball|
|Paper Mache’||Walk, Trot, Canter||Basketball|
|Stained Glass||Trail Riding||Cheerleading|
|Tie Dye||Horse Care||Golf|
|Flying Trapeze||Slight of Hand||Rollerskating/Inline Skating|
|Static Trapeze (Single, Double, Triple)||Stage Illusions||Soccer|
|Juggling||Card Tricks||Ultimate Frisbee|
|Unicycle||Slight of Hand||Volleyball|
|Lyra||Stage Illusions||Zumba & Yoga|
|Mini-Tramp||Voice Lessons||Stage Combat|
|Acro Circus||Instrument Lessons||Acting Lessons|
|Dance:||Piano Lessons||Audition Techniques|
|(Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)||Vocal Ensemble||Musical Theater|
|Technology/Digital Arts/Multimedia||Rock Band||Banana Boat|
|Computer Programming||Guitar Lessons||Tubing|
|Stop Motion||Bass Lessons||CIT Leadership|
|Movie Making||Keyboard Lessons|
It is easy to see, there is plenty to do on and off campus at our summer camp near the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Every adventure and program is open to all campers and allows them to thrive while having new experiences and trying new things daily. Register your child today for a summer full of fun adventures and activities that will make sure your child has the SUMMER OF A LIFETIME.