If you are looking for a fun summer camp near the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, then look no further than Camp Pillsbury. This Minnesota summer camp is located in the picturesque town of Owatonna and is less than an hour south of the Twin Cities. Campers get to enjoy the picturesque natural beauty of the Minnesota countryside but are close enough to enjoy Camp Pillsbury Adventure Days into the cities to enjoy some of the sites of the largest metropolitan area in Minnesota.
Campers Can Enjoy Local Activities and Camp Pillsbury Adventure Days
With parental approval, campers can enjoy regular offsite activities during the weekends. The Sunday in the middle of each two-week session is a designated Camp Pillsbury Adventure day where campers can enjoy different planned offsite activities. Camp Pillsbury Adventure days are often planned trips into the Twin Cities metropolitan. Campers who are enrolled for the following session or who will be on campus through Saturday and Sunday at the end of every session can, with parent approval, participate in the many local activities. Some of the Adventures and local trips our campers have enjoyed in the past are:
- Mall of America Camper can enjoy zip lining, a rope course, and chaperoned shopping time.
- Minnesota Aquarium Campers can experience the SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium which is home to thousands of aquatic creatures and enjoy a movie afterwards.
- Tour of the Minnesota State University This is a great trip for any campers considering attending MSU.
- Minnesota Twins Baseball Games Campers can watch a home game of the Minnesota Twins playing in the Central Division of the Major League Baseball’s American League.
- Nickelodean Universe Campers can enjoy the thrills of this seven-acre indoor amusement park located in the center of the Mall of America.
- Valleyfair Amusement Park Campers can enjoy the Soak City Water Park and the Dino Land Amusement Park. This 125 acre park boasts 75 rides including 8 roller coasters.
- Owatonna Crazy Day Festival Campers get to perform on their own stage, march in a parade, and enjoy the activities including a sidewalk sale, BBQ, Classic Car Show, Festival of the Arts, a street dance, and much more!
- Mississippi River Boat Cruise Campers can enjoy the view while having lunch on the boat, see a movie, and then enjoy some chaperoned shopping time.
- River Springs Water Park Campers can stay cool while experiencing a tube slide, body slide, lazy river, activity pool, zero depth entry pool, climbing wall, lily pad walk and sand volleyball.
- Steele County Fair A true American experience with many attractions, food, livestock, vendors, and rides for campers to enjoy with their unlimited arm bands. Campers also perform daily during the fair on their own stage.
The Benefits of Summer Camp near the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis
Whether you live in the Twin Cities metropolitan area or live in another area of the country there are many benefits to Camp Pillsbury being so close to St. Paul and Minneapolis. If you live in the metropolitan area, you are close enough to being able to join in different activities that go on during the weekend. Those from different areas can combine a trip to these two historical cities with a visit to Camp Pillsbury for our end of sessions Performance Day to see what campers have been working on during their stay.
Camp Pillsbury has Awesome Programs on Site Too
We have a many great summer camp programs available for kids to choose from to insure that every camper is having a great time every day. Below is a list of some of the great summer camp programs and activities offered at Camp Pillsbury:
Fine Arts and Crafts:
|Duct Tape Art||Game Design||Batting Cage|
|Fashion Design||Graphic Design||Basket Ball|
|Jewelry||DJ & Radio||Cheerleading|
|Leather Craft||Climbing Wall, Ropes Course|
|Fitness & Toning Training|
|Painting and Drawing||Riding Lessons||Zumba & Yoga|
|Paper Mache’||(English, Western, Dressage)||Golf|
|Rocketry||Walk, Trot, Canter||Gymnastics & Tumbling|
|Remote Control Model Making||Jumping||Ice Hockey/Ice Skating|
|Silk Screen||Trail Riding||Mountain Biking|
|Stained Glass||Horse Care||Skateboarding/Rollerblading|
|Tie Dye||Scooter/Inline Skating|
|Slight of Hand||Volley Ball|
|Stage Illusions||Ultimate Frisbee|
|Flying Trapeze (Single,||Coin Tricks|
|Double, Triple)||Card Tricks||
|Unicycle||Voice Lessons||Stage Combat|
|Circus Bike||Instrument Lessons||Audition Techniques|
|Lyra||Piano Lessons||Acting Lessons|
|Silks||Vocal Ensemble||Musical Theathre|
|Orchastra||One Act Plays|
|(Beginner, Intermediate,||Theatre GAmes|
Role Playing Games
|Computer Programming||Live Action Role Playing||Swimming|
|Video Postcards||Magic Cards||Banana Boat|
|Stop Motion||D & D||Tubing|
It is easy to see, there is plenty to do on and off campus at our summer camp near the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Every adventure and program is open to all campers and allows them to thrive while having new experiences and trying new things daily. Contact Camp Pillsbury today to get starting on registering your child for a summer full of fun adventures and activities that will make sure your child has the SUMMER OF A LIFETIME.