Camp Pillsbury is a Minnesota summer camp nestled in the picturesque town of Owatonna which makes it the perfect choice for kids who are ready to have a fun summer camp experience. The picturesque natural beauty of the camp and its convenient location, make it the perfect place for kids to enjoy our activities and programs while occasionally enjoying local adventures to the surrounding area events or local activities.
Exciting Camp Pillsbury Adventure Days and Local Activities
This summer camp in Minnesota is less than an hour south of the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis which offers plenty of adventures for campers to enjoy. Nestled in the historical and picturesque Owatonna, Camp Pillsbury has a natural beauty for campers to enjoy the outdoor activities and go on exciting Adventure days to the nearby Twin Cities.
Pillsbury Adventure Day
For those campers who are enrolled for the full two week regular sessions, the middle Sunday of these sessions is a planned Camp “Pillsbury Adventure Day”. On “Pillsbury Adventure Day” all regular camp activities stop and campers are transported offsite to build lifelong memories with their friends. Campers leave Camp Pillsbury around 9:00 a.m. and take a chaperoned trip to somewhere fantastic, like Mall of America or Valley Fair Amusement Park, and return to camp around 8:00 p.m. Camp Pillsbury covers the cost for admission, transportation, and meals for the day.
Adventure Day Schedule:
- Session 1: Valley Fair Amusement Park June 20
- Session 2: Mall of America/Nickelodeon Universe July 5
- Session 3: Valley Fair Amusement Park July 18
- Session 4: Mall of America/Nickelodeon Universe August 2
- Session 5: Valley Fair Amusement Park August 15
Campers may also have the opportunity to take part in different local activities from the surrounding area. Here are just some of the Adventures our campers have enjoyed in the past:
- Owatonna Crazy Day Festival Campers get to perform on their own stage, march in a parade, and enjoy the activities including a sidewalk sale, BBQ, Classic Car Show, Festival of the Arts, a street dance, and much more!
- River Springs Water Park Campers can stay cool while experiencing a tube slide, body slide, lazy river, activity pool, zero depth entry pool, climbing wall, lily pad walk and sand volleyball.
- Steele County Fair A true American experience with many attractions, food, livestock, vendors, and rides for campers to enjoy with their unlimited arm bands. Campers also perform daily during the fair on their own stage.
Awesome Minnesota Summer Camp Programs
While visiting the local events and participating in Camp Pillsbury Adventure days are fun, there is plenty to do at the camp itself. You camper gets to choose from a list of great summer camp programs that will guarantee your child will have a great time every day they are there. Here is a list of some of the programs offered at Camp Pillsbury:
- Visual and Fine Arts Summer Camp Program – We offer a variety of activities in this program so that every camper can find something to fit his or her interest in this department.
- Tech – Multimedia – Digital Summer Camp – A well-equipped lab with qualified staff gives campers the opportunity to learn, develop and perfect a wide range of skills in this program.
- Circus Summer Camp Program – At Camp Pillsbury, everyone is encouraged to join the circus fun. Using a progression of skills, our experienced staff oversees campers and teaches them to manage their own safety as a fundamental part of the many skills being learned including flying the trapeze, aerial acts, tight wire, juggling, and much more!
- Dance Summer Camp Program– Campers of all levels can choose from a variety of dances classes including ballet, jazz, tap, contemporary, hip-hop, yoga, and Zumba.
- Equestrian Summer Camp Program – We offer instruction in English and Western styles of riding to all skill levels of riders from beginners to those wanting to hone their advanced abilities.
- Music Summer Camp Program – The music program at Camp Pillsbury is both extensive and diverse, with world-class teachers and performers at the helm of a variety of genres.
- Pop and Rock Band Summer Camp Program– Our Pop/Rock Shop offers lessons for beginners to advanced instrument players, including keyboard, drums, and guitars. Bands are formed by skill level and musical interest and campers have the opportunity to perform with their band at an end of session performance day.
- Magic Summer Camp Program – Campers can learn all levels of magic at Camp Pillsbury including card tricks, coin tricks, slight of hand, and work their way up to stage illusions.
- Extreme Sports Summer Camp Program – For thrill seekers and high-energy campers looking for an action-packed yet safe program which includes biking, skateboarding, rollerblading, scootering, and more.
- Fashion Design Summer Camp Program – Kick start your career in fashion design as your learn how to create clothing and accessories. Learn everything from fabric selection to runway modeling and everything else in between.
- Culinary Arts Summer Camp Program – Let your taste buds and our culinary professionals guide campers as they learn how to prepare a variety of delicious dishes from all over the globe.
- Counselor in Training Leadership Program– Transition from camper to counselor while learning what it takes to be a strong and effective leader.
- Sports Summer Camp Program – Our sports program offers a wide variety of activities from basketball, gymnastics, cheerleading, soccer, baseball, softball, volley ball, golf, archery, weightlifting and more.
- Theater Summer Camp Program – Camp Pillsbury offers a comprehensive performing arts program that meets the needs of all camper including first timers to aspiring Broadway Performers.
- Role Playing Games Summer Camp Program– Prepare to embark on a journey, create your own character and begin creating your own epic adventure. At the end of your journey, tell your stories and show your creations at performance day, if you choose.
- Water Sports Summer Camp Program – Our licensed boat drivers, lifeguards, and water ski staff will help beginners learn to water ski or wake board while more advanced campers can practice and perfect their skills. Campers can also participate in banana boating and tubing just for the fun of it!
- Gymnastic Summer Camp Program – Work on your skill development on vault, uneven bars, balance beam, floor and trampoline. Campers will work on fundamental skills and body shapes important to tumbling and gymnastics.
Campers Thrive On and Off Site at Our Minnesota Summer Camp
As you can see, there is plenty for our campers to do on and off site at our Minnesota summer camp. Every program and adventure is open to all ages and allows camper to thrive while trying new activities and having new experiences daily. Register your child today for a summer filled with fun activities and adventure that will assure your child has the SUMMER OF A LIFETIME.