Camp Pillsbury is a Minnesota summer camp nestled in the picturesque town of Owatonna which makes it the perfect choice for kids ready to have a fun summer camp experience. The picturesque natural beauty of the camp and its convenient location, make it the perfect place for kids to enjoy our activities and programs while occasionally enjoying an Adventure Day to the surrounding area events or local activities.
Exciting Camp Pillsbury Adventure Days and Local Activities
This summer camp in Minnesota is less than an hour south of the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis which offers plenty of adventures for campers to enjoy. The middle Sunday of every two-week session has a planned Camp Pillsbury Adventure day. Any Camper who is enrolled in the following session or any camper who is on campus through Saturday/Sunday at the end of every session will have the choice to take part in different local activities from the surrounding area. Here are just some of the Adventures our campers have enjoyed in the past:
- Mall of America Camper can enjoy zip lining, a rope course, and chaperoned shopping time.
- Minnesota Aquarium Campers can experience the SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium which is home to thousands of aquatic creatures and enjoy a movie afterwards.
- Tour of the Minnesota State University This is a great trip for any campers considering attending MSU.
- Minnesota Twins Baseball Games Campers can watch a home game of the Minnesota Twins playing in the Central Division of the Major League Baseball’s American League.
- Nickelodean Universe Campers can enjoy the thrills of this seven-acre indoor amusement park located in the center of the Mall of America.
- Valleyfair Amusement Park Campers can enjoy the Soak City Water Park and the Dino Land Amusement Park. This 125 acre park boasts 75 rides including 8 roller coasters.
- Owatonna Crazy Day Festival Campers get to perform on their own stage, march in a parade, and enjoy the activities including a sidewalk sale, BBQ, Classic Car Show, Festival of the Arts, a street dance, and much more!
- Mississippi River Boat Cruise Campers can enjoy the view while having lunch on the boat, see a movie, and then enjoy some chaperoned shopping time.
- River Springs Water Park Campers can stay cool while experiencing a tube slide, body slide, lazy river, activity pool, zero depth entry pool, climbing wall, lily pad walk and sand volleyball.
- Steele County Fair A true American experience with many attractions, food, livestock, vendors, and rides for campers to enjoy with their unlimited arm bands. Campers also perform daily during the fair on their own stage.
Awesome Minnesota Summer Camp Programs
While visiting the local events and participating in Camp Pillsbury Adventure days are fun, there is plenty to do at the camp itself. You child gets to choose from a list of great summer camp programs that are sure to make sure your child have a great time every day they are there. Here is a list of some of the programs offered at Camp Pillsbury:
- Fine Arts and Crafts – We offer a variety of activities in this program so that every camper can find something to fit his or her interest in this department.
- Technology/Digital Arts/Multimedia – A well-equipped lab with qualified staff gives campers the opportunity to learn, develop and perfect a wide range of skills in this program.
- Circus Arts – At Camp Pillsbury, everyone is encouraged to join the circus fun. Using a progression of skills, our experienced staff oversees campers and teaches them to manage their own safety as a fundamental part of the many skills being learned including flying the trapeze, aerial acts, tight wire, juggling, and much more!
- Dance – Campers of all levels can choose from a variety of dances classes including ballet, jazz, tap, contemporary, hip-hop, yoga, and Zumba.
- Horseback Riding and Equestrian – We offer instruction in English and Western styles of riding to all skill levels of riders from beginners to those wanting to hone their advanced abilities.
- Music – The music program at Camp Pillsbury is both extensive and diverse, with world-class teachers and performers at the helm of a variety of genres.
- Rock Shop – Our Rock Shop offers lessons for beginners to advanced instrument players, including keyboard, drums, and guitars. Bands are formed by skill level and musical interest and have the opportunity to perform with their band at an end of session spectacular rock concert.
- Magic – Campers can learn all levels of magic at Camp Pillsbury including card tricks, coin tricks, slight of hand, and work their way up to stage illusions.
- Extreme Sports – For thrill seekers and high-energy campers looking for an action-packed yet safe program which includes mountain biking, skateboarding, rollerblading, scooter, wall climbing and more.
- Fashion Design – Kick start your career in fashion design as your learn how to create a clothing line. Learn everything from fabric selection to runway modeling and everything else in between.
- Culinary – Let your taste buds and our culinary professionals guide campers as they learn how to prepare a variety of delicious dishes from all over the globe.
- I.T. Leadership – Transition from camper to counselor while learning what it takes to be a strong and effective leader.
- Sports – Our sports program is the stronghold of our camp and we offer a wide variety of activities from basketball, gymnastics, cheerleading, soccer, baseball, softball, volley ball, golf, archery, hockey, ice skating and more. We also have a fitness center with up-to-date equipment to lift weights and work out.
- Theatre – Camp Pillsbury offers a comprehensive performing art program that meets the needs of all camper including first timers to aspiring Broadway Performers. Campers can take classes in audition technique, dialects, scene study, improv, stage combat, technical theatre, on camera acting, stage craft, lighting sound, props, costumes, make up, voice and more.
- Role Playing Games – Prepare to embark on a journey, create your own character and begin creating your own epic adventure. At the end of your journey, tell your stories and show your creations at performance day, if you choose.
- Water Sports – Our licensed boat drivers, lifeguards, and water ski staff will help beginners learn to water ski or wake board while more advanced campers can practice and perfect their skills. Free swim and pool games are overseen by our lifeguards and water safety instructors.
Campers Thrive On and Off Our Minnesota Summer Camp
As you can see, there is plenty for our campers to do on and off our Minnesota summer camp. Every program and adventure is open to all ages and allows camper to thrive while trying new activities and having new experiences daily. Contact Camp Pillsbury today and register your child today for a summer full of fun activities and adventure that will assure your child has the SUMMER OF A LIFETIME.